So it's now July 28th....and summer is drawing to a close. I have made a good run of it having a trip almost every weekend...and this past was no different. Friday I drove up to Ohiopyle, which is only 2 hours away, and spent the day paddling the loop. I was planning on only paddling the loop once or twice before Scott showed up, but I ended up running it three times before he got there, then once w/ him.
The kayaking was great, the water level was up at 2.5 feet the first time i ran it and all of the holes were bigger and for the most part better than they were the previous time i was there. The first hole after entrance rapid was really nice, it was really sticky and was perfect for flat spins. Then i came to cucumber rapid which was the only rapid i was worried about, but it turned out to be easier at higher levels.
The second trip down i also managed to throw some ends in one of the holes on entrance rapid, i did a full cartwheel twice so that is a big improvement over my normal attempts.
Saturday was the Lake O'lympics so Scott and I got up and ran the 5k. I started out nice and strong, pacing myself w/ the 12-14 year old kids. Then in the last mile or so, i started to fade and two of the kids passed me, and i ended up finishing in about 30 min behind several of those little kiddies. BUT, i did finish that 5k and i rand more before 10AM on a saturday than i have all summer.
Sunday, was the day to head homebut before i could i needed to go to Cooper's for some bouldering. I went down into the tilted tree corridor (but forgot my guide book) and tried to find some new boulders but failed. So i went over to the Moby Dick area and ended up working on Moby's Dick V3. I ended up doing all of the moves, but wasn't able to link them all. Here is my best attempt, if i had stuck that crossover then the problem got easy, alas, i did not stick it.
As for the upcoming week, it looks like there will be lots of fishing and sight seeing w/ mom, since she will be here for several days.
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment